Welcome to Trees for Travellers
Offset your carbon footprint while travelling to (and around) New Zealand, by purchasing native trees, which we plant in specially set-aside reserves around Kaikoura.
Kaikoura is world-renowned for being one of the most beautiful places on earth, BUT Kaikoura has lost 80% of its native trees since man first arrived a thousand years ago!
Put another way - 80% of the green you see isn't native to New Zealand
Leave behind a natural memento of your time in Kaikoura
- Your trees will absorb carbon throughout their life - a legacy which will benefit future generations!
- Trees reduce the impact of climate change
- Help re-forest parts of Kaikoura
- Many trees are planted along paths and walkways, making them more enjoyable places for everyone
- Encourage all forms of wildlife back to urban Kaikoura
- Check out the following YouTube video http://bit.ly/KZFhSq
Leave a positive environmental footprint
You can find the location of your tree by keying your unique tree number into the 'find your tree' box, which uses Google earth mapping and zooming to display its planting site (or its specific location, if you selected the GPS option during your purchase):